Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum is easy and fast DVD Rip software with powerful and integrative functions. No DVD ripper software supports so comprehensive video and audio formats.
!! It includes features of both DVD Ripper and DVD Audio Ripper.
DVD Ripper - Rip DVD to all popular video formats such as AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, RM, MOV, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, Xvid, ASF, etc.
DVD Audio Ripper - Rip DVD to audio formats including MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, AC3, M4A, MP2, OGG, etc.
!! It supports many personal multimedia devices such as PSP, iPod, PDA and MP4 player etc.
Please follow this easy way to rip DVD to MPEG, PSP, iPod, MP4, DivX, AVI, WMV, MP3, WAV, AAC etc.
1.Download Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum, and install to your computer.
2. Load your DVD into the program: Please choose "Add DVD Folder" in the File menu or directly click the "DVD" button in the main interface, then select your DVD-ROM in the pop-up window and press the "OK" button.
3. All files from DVD disc are loaded as the following picture:
Two main modes to rip DVD: First, you can convert your whole DVD by highlighting the title which contains the whole episodes of DVD, such as the title_01 in the following screenshot. Second, if you like, you can select certain chapters to convert: Press "Show Chapters" button on the interface to find all the chapters in the file.
Tip: The "Title" button allows us to edit listed titles/chapters like renaming, removing, checking, etc, which is the same as the 'Edit' menu.
Tip: It supports multithreading and batch conversion. You can select all files you want to convert and Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum will automatically rip them one by one, even if these files use different settings.
4. Highlight certain chapter you want to convert or just keep all chapters being selected. Then set output format: Select the target output format in "Profile" combo-box on the interface. You can select different output formats for different files. And the result of setting will be shown in the list. After selecting iPod MPEG-4 Movie format (*.mp4) in "Profile" combo-box, you will get output format iPod MP4.
Tip: It supports ripping DVD to iPod and PSP.
Tip: The software allows setting different output formats for different files, depending on what you would like.
All encoders/codecs are built-in. The software integrates with all video/audio encoders/codecs. Users can convert all supported formats once download the program.
5. Set output mode: After selecting certain output format, the right panel will show general standard of the format. By clicking certain setting, you may specify it. Or just keep the default settings.
Tip: It supports clip or segment conversion. You can convert any clip or segment by setting the start point and duration at will. For example, you want to rip a clip from 00:03:20 to 00:08:00, please click "Start time" to set the starting time 00:03:20 and click "Duration" to specify the length 00:04:40.
6. There are other options on the interface you can adjust. Or you can just keep the default settings:
* In 'Zoom' section, you can find four options. 'Letterbox', 'medium', and 'pan scan' will convert 16:9 format to 4:3 format. The Full option does not correct the aspect ratio. If you have a 4:3 DVD, use the Full option.
* In the 'Split' drop list, you may select the size of the volumes that you would like to generate.
* Select the output folder by clicking the "Browse..." button or directly enter a path in "Destination" box.
7. Begin to convert: Finally, press the "Encode" button. Note: The default setting is all item(s) checked. If you only want to rip certain item(s), check it/them, click "Encode", and then Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum will rip them one by one. You would see the info "Completed" in the status column after a successful conversion.
8. After the files are successfully ripped, you may click the "Open" button to browse the output files.
Tip: In the 'Tools' menu, select 'PSP Video Manager' to upload generated PSP video files to your PSP with ease.
If you have ripped DVD to MP4, here is the method to move it to your iPod:
Please press the "open..." button on the interface. Find the converted file in the destination folder, then copy or pull it to your iTunes.
Download Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum Now.
If you don't have an iTunes yet, please download it free at:
Pull the file list under the iTunes to your iPod. Then you will see the file name under "Recently Added" list of your iPod menus.