Advanced Bionics is the only American based company that develops cochlear implant technology, the home office is based out of Sylmar, California. The company evolved from two other successful companies that developed new-generation pacemakers and miniature drug delivery pumps used in the treatment of diabetes.
The Bionic Ear Association
The Bionic Ear Association is an organization of people who use cochlear implant technology, those who are evaluating the technology and hearing health professionals. Membership to the association is free of charge. Members can be placed in contact with other people and families with similar backgrounds, such as location, cause of hearing loss, age, etc. The Bionic Ear Association provides its members with free newsletters, seminars and other information.
Why do people get a Cochlear Implant?
- Simply put, they want to hear better.
- They want to be included instead of left out.
- They want to be more independent.
- They want to use the telephone, enjoy music, and hear the sounds of nature.
- They want more opportunity for the future.
- They want to be peaceful and relaxed.
- They want to hear their family and friends.
If you would like to find out more about Advanced Bionics and the Bionic Ear cochlear implant, please visit www.bionicear.com.